Who are we?
Young and More Initiative (YOAMI) is a youth-led digital initiative whose mission is to empower African youths and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or age.
Who are we looking for?
YOAMI is looking for a dynamic volunteer who is passionate about blogging for development, to produce content for our blogs. The volunteer will receive a monthly stipend upon completion of the all the deliverables for the month. This position will be undertaken remotely/home based and is open only to Cameroonians.
How will you qualify for this position?
At YOAMI we believe that creativity goes beyond certificates and lengthy CVs and so to qualify for this position you just have to answer one question in 500 words: “How can African youths contribute to the rise of the African continent?” (500 words). From your response and writing style, we can tell if you are the one we are looking for.
What will your work look like?
- You will produce blog posts for YOAMI blogs.
- You will support YOAMI’s digital campaigns and online events e.g anti bullying campaign, 30 under 30 Influential young African leaders etc.
- You will manage the social media handles of YOAMI.
- You will need to have some basic graphic design skills under your belt to promote our blog posts on social media.
- You will carry out other duties as requested by your supervisor
Why should you join the YOAMI team?
- We offer a monthly stipend upon completion of your tasks for the month.
- YOAMI is a creative space where you can build your digital communication skills.
- At YOAMI, we believe that creatives thrive in artistic freedom and so we are open to listen and implement your ideas and personal initiatives.
- We offer opportunities for career development and growth.
We are looking forward to your expression of interest. Please click on “apply now” to apply. Deadline for application is 6th of May at 18:00 WAT